Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Blog Post Week 3 Part 1

I used to work as a sales manager for ATT, and know firsthand that sometimes certain issues require patience from the customer. ATT has definitely been known for their customer service issues. When it came time to have an issue taken care of I knew that I would need to be patient. Sometimes you can spend hours taking care of issues which you would think only takes minutes, as I had done several times as a manager. So, when it came time for to have a phone unlocked, I held my breath, and sure enough I got nowhere after several calls.

 After many frustrating calls, I finally took to Twitter, and strongly voiced my displeasures. Within minutes of doing so, I get contacted by ATT through twitter asking for my contact info, I receive a call from them about 5 minutes after I had made the post. What took hours getting nowhere on the phone, Twitter was able to resolve in a matter of minutes. I truly believe that social media can make things happen because larger companies don’t like public detractors especially in the media.

I felt accomplished after I had my issue with ATT resolved and it was refreshing to know the power of Social Media. Knowing this I have now been able to resolve many other issues much easier this way rather than calling through conventional methods. It is true, that social media can be a dangerous thing, but there is still some good in it as well, experiencing it firsthand.

I believe that I would try to be as fair as I possibly can be when it comes to negativity. Taking the complaint/issue and possibly learning from it or standing by what was done. Being able to humanize your business makes it appear more appealing as showing an authentic brand voice. I would also take the positive comments and celebrate them, and try to make my happy customer into a brand champion.

1 comment:

  1. Hello jose
    How do you like working for AT&T and doing was customers do you see yourself working in this field for a long time?
    I strongly agree with you leasing that Twitter is a strong platform especially when it comes to customer service. For example I had issues with a fight and I tweeted out a tweet to American Airlines and within minutes they responded to me so I feel like this is a good communication software for social media.
    It’s another form of texting or any quicker way to respond to people if they’re not able to talk over the phone. So I agree with you from your viewpoint about this social media platform

    ReplyDelete