Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Week 11 Blog Post 1

The Oceanside Breakers have a goal of creating an engaged and active community, so email is still a vital tool to keep our customers engaged. Relationship building is key, and through newsletters we like to keep them connected with a monthly issue. I have been looking at different newsletters that I have subscribed to and look at their designs and frequency of them. Some of them I like, others were a bit on the annoying side. I caught myself looking at the headlines of those emails and those were the ones I would open, because that is really what its all about right? attention grabbing? Everything is just a commercial for us. One of the great points that I read in the chapter was about a commercial, the book easily defined it as a something that grabs your attention and gets a reaction. Which as simple as it may seem, that is exactly it. Thats why you have platforms and snapchat and instagram, who are now giving you commercials across your story in short 5 second increments, where you choose to get more information about the potential product. Email newsletters that catch your attention whether its sales driven or relationship building can continue to be a great way to reach whatever your goals may be. Just like every other tool, its just needs to be used effectively to get the best results.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jose, I think I get emails from the Oceanside Breakers. My son played a couple years back. I definitely see the emails, but I don't open them anymore because my son doesn't play soccer anymore. But that doesn't mean to stop, if he tells me he wants to play again, I will probably be checking them out again. I think whatever is relevant and what you are interested in is what you are going to open. Maybe not so much having a catchy headline. I usually open emails form stores that interest me only when I am in need of something. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete